Yippee! It is time to Sign up for the
Summer Sassy Apron Swap!!
I know I said tomorrow but I wanted to do this now while I have time. Tomorrow is a busy day! No Joke!
The Theme for this swap is SUMMER. You will make an adult size apron with that theme.
Please try to remember that there is a THEME. In the last swap some of the swappers forgot that it was a themed swap.
How do you do summer in an apron? Think color, think flow, think picnics, .... what do you do in the summer time? (when all the world is green) sorry it was singing in my head and had to come out!
The apron has to be hand-made. It doesn't have to be made by your hands but doesn't have to be made by hand not manufactured.
I need to add some swapping etiquette here. I am sorry to have to do this but it is necessary after the last swap.
- Pay attention to deadlines. You MUST send your apron out on time or I won't be able to let you play again.
- Your partner will be working very hard to make something for you. We have all levels of sewing ability here. Please be kind to our newbies. You really should contact your partner after receiving your apron and tell them THANK YOU! If you can't get to their blog, you should have a return address on the box your apron comes in. Send them a note, email, or blog post to let them know you got it and to say thank you. I had so many people this time feel sad that they never heard if their partner liked their apron or not.
-If you feel that you can't make it for what ever reasons, LET ME KNOW. I can work with you and if you have to drop out, it will give me time to get a substitute aproner to fill in.
- If I don't hear back from you in a timely manner - meaning I have tried to contact you multiple times and have received NO answer when I send out partners, I will assume you have dropped and will remove your name and move on.
ENOUGH SAID! Let's have fun now!
Here is the list of Requirements for your apron.
- Summer themed.
- Made from pre-washed and dried fabric (so there is no shrinking or bleeding of prints later)
- The apron has to have some sort of embellishment this time like Ric-rack, fancy trims, decorative stitching, BUT must be washable so NO GLUE.)
- The apron has to be Adult Sized (you will get your partner's size)
- Included with your apron must be a dish or tea towel. It doesn't have to be hand-made but that would be nice. Something that goes with your apron.
- Also you are to include the recipe for your favorite NON-ALCOHOLIC summer beverage. (sorry we are a family site) hee hee.
When is the apron due? Aprons must be mailed out by June 1st at the latest.
Deadline to commit to the swap - April 15th. That gives you 2 weeks to decide and we need something better to look forward to on the 15th than Taxes!
To sign up for the swap you must send me an e-mail at byrdhouse1(at)windstream(dot)net.
I will collect all the names, swap them out, and then post you an e-mail listing your partner's information.
Include the following in the e-mail:
1) Your name (and your screen name if it is different so I know who is emailing me!)
2) mailing address
3) blog URL (this is not required but highly recommended, it may become a requirement in future)
4) email address
5) Please indicate if you are willing to ship internationally or not
6) You must include your dress size. I am sorry but this is important. It is very hard making an apron for someone when you have no clue what size they are.
You may also include some likes and dislikes to help your partner make their fabric choices.
7) This bit is new. You may list people you would rather not swap with. That sounds bad BUT many of you have now swapped with each other here and other places. There are also siblings, in-laws, parents and children in this swap and I can understand you wanting to meet new people so please fill in names here so I can more easily double check.
There is no limit to how many people can enter this swap (yet). I don't like to be left out and don't want to leave others out.
This swap will be run just like the last one where your partner is a surprise. We had just a few more people vote for that and I was waiting on your opinion.
I can't wait to see who signs up this time!